y-BIS is the Young Statistician’s group in the ISBIS, created in 2008. The purpose of y-BIS is to bring together young researchers and professionals working on business, financial and industrial statistics, to help support their career development and enjoyment.
We do this in a variety of ways, including:
– “Ask y-BIS", which aims to promote the exchange of knowledge in business, financial and industrial statistics among young statisticians;
– Facilitating international collaboration between younger and more senior statisticians and users of statistics working in business, finance and industry;
– A “jobs" network and a database of CVs, to assist employers and prospective employees finding each other. You are welcome to post your job ad or
search for jobs using our forum;
– Regional workshops to exchange ideas and information on particular subjects;
– Dedicated sections of the scientific program at ISBIS meetings, organised by y-BIS;
– Short courses at ISBIS meetings on topics selected by y-BIS;
– y-BIS social events;
– y-BIS mentorship program.
A summary of this information can be found in the y-BIS flyer.
Visit the following pages for additional information or contact the current Chair: Nathaniel Stevens
The y-BIS 2019: Recent Advances in Data Science and Business Analytics
The International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics (ISBIS) is sponsoring the y-BIS 2019: Recent Advances in Data Science and Business Analytics. This conference will be held at Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University (MSFAU) in the Bomonti Campus, Istanbul, Turkey, from September 25 to 28, 2019.
We cordially invite you to submit an abstract or a full paper for this upcoming y-BIS 2019.
The submission can be for an invited/contributed oral presentation or a poster. All the abstract and full text paper submissions will be published in the conference proceedings after the peer-review process. In addition, the conference provides various publication opportunities such as a couple of special issues or certain number of papers in high-impact and indexed journals.
Full details about y-BIS 2019 can be found at the conference website: http://ybis2019.msgsu.edu.tr/call-for-papers/
Nathaniel Stevens – Chair
Paulo Canas Rodrigues (Portugal)
Claudio Conversano (Italy)
Eric Laber (USA)
James Allison (North-West University, South Africa)
Richard Awichi (Uganda Martyrs University, Uganda Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria)
Nicholas Ballarini (Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina)
Marcela Machado (UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brasil)
Enayetur Raheem (University of Windsor, Canada)
Kaibo Wang (Tsinghua University, China)
Tony Wong (The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
Vishwanath Iyer (Novartis Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., India)
Chris Marley (University of Southampton, UK)
Giorgio Russolillo (CNAM, Paris, France/Italy)
Markus Kalisch (ETH, Zurich, Switzerland)
Petra Posedel (EFZG Zagreb, Croatia)
Carolina Garcia Martos (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain)
Rohmatul Fajriyah – Ema (UK/Indonesia)
Nuttanan Wichitaksorn – Nate (University of Sydney, Australia)
1. Why join y-BIS?
We are planning to provide an interesting set of products and services to our group, including:
– Reduced registration fees for conferences in which ISBIS take part;
– “Ask y-BIS" – which aims to promote and exchange knowledge in business, financial and industrial statistics between young and more senior statisticians;
– A jobs network – with jobs offers all over the world;
– Statistical resources – (i) statistical papers databases; and (ii) statistical software;
– Some kind of “Mentorship" program – interaction between a young researcher and a experienced one providing assistance with (i) improving a paper before the final submission (ii) writing grant and projects applications; etc;
– Organization of special meetings relating to y- BIS interests;
– Organization of Invited Sessions and participation in y-BIS social events during the biennial ISBIS conferences.
And the fees are quite attractive!
2. Registration Fees:
– Student membership, automatically y-BIS member: €0 (Please provide evidence of full-time student status, e.g. a letter from your department indicating that you are a full time student)
– y-BIS membership from developed countries: €25 (for non full-time student, please provide date of last degree, e.g. a copy of your degree; y-BIS Status is valid up to five years after that date)
– y-BIS membership from developing countries: €10 (for non full-time student, please provide date of last degree, e.g. a copy of your degree; y-BIS Status is valid up to five years after that date)
3. How to became an y-BIS member?
If you have any questions about y-BIS please contact Nathaniel Stevens.
Our social networking architecture:
y-BIS facebook – This group can be accessed by anyone, and will be the main place to attract new members to y-BIS. It will have some information about y-BIS with some events and links to the y-BIS web page.
LinkedIn Group – this group will also be accessible to anyone.